This is an informal project page for the BLM sponsored investigation of the use of remote sensing for determining the presence of unfrozen water. Unfrozen water may provide habitat for fish and other resources. This page is not currently public.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Introduction & Draft Bibliography

Hello! I put together this blog as a simple place to store information related to this project, primarily for Matthew and Rudi. I'm also keeping Peter Prokein in the loop, because he's organizing the INE SAR GIS-tool effort. In the upper right hand corner you'll see a link to a google document that is holding a draft of the bibliography I've been working on. This is the printout from my Endnote library on the topic. Eventually I'll get to annotating it and prioritizing, much like Matt Nolan's Bibliography. It has some overlap with this one, but explores the remote sensing applications in more depth and is updated by four years or so.

Next, I'm going to work on creating a geo-referenced list of field locations of previous studies. Having the CP bathymetery database in digital form would be helpful for this. Matthew or Peter, any luck in obtaining this?

Thanks,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. I've finally received a response from CPAI stating that they would, in fact, still be interested in sharing their electronic lake data as shapefiles, which I assume includes the bathymetric data. Don't hold your breath and I hope waiting doesn't hold you up on the next step(s). I will continue to actively communicate with CPAI. I guess before they can just give me all of the information it has to run through their legal department. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, is their anything else I can do/provide right now to help? It seems like getting the CPAI data will be most helpful at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bibliography sure has some interesting information. Does this shed any more light on the approach or at least confirm we are headed down the right road? Any word on the progress of the INE effort? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete